Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Nyonya Wedding?

Hey y'all!!! WAAAZZUUUPPPP!!!!

Heehehehe sorry for slacking lately...Mcm biase... BUSY! :P Hahahhaa~ So here is my very backdated post about my cuzzin's wedding!

So, for those of u yg tak tau, I am half Nyonya thanx to mum's side of the family... PROUD NYONYA MELAKA YO!!! Hahaha... And back in June, one my cousins, Margeratt got married! Yay wedding! And she has decided to do a traditional Nyonya wedding right here in Melaka... YAY TRADITIONAL WEDDING!

Hahah yeah, I was pretty excited... Its not always I get to attend wedding maaa... hahaha... now cant wait for my friends to get married... *wink* *wink* Fatin? Mathan? or Ashok? hahahahah~ :P

ANYWAYZ... let's meet the happy couple!


Congratulations to Margarett & Isain!!!

Owh... did I mention, They're from America?

HAhaha well, it all started with this cute couple...


Haha yeah... My aunt married Uncle Bob who is from USA, & u peeps get the picture lah. Hahaha so yeah, my family memang muhibah gile lah. Its a campuran of Nyonya, Chinese, Malay (my other cousin), half Bengali, and also Mat Salleh! 1Malaysia+USA...hahaha...

Haha yeah thats my big crazee family... So y'all already know the history, lets talk about the wedding.... ^__^

Well, mcm biase in the morning the groom would go and fetch the bride at her house. Then we go temple where family member and close friends will meet for the ceremony...

**Funny story: On the way to the temple, 2 of our cars kena accident. One is my niece nye bf... another is mine T__T my baby Viva kena langar! Sial nye Ah Beng... Nasib baik sikit oni at the back... Hmmph!**

Haha back to the wedding... We reached 1st at the temple... so sambil tunggu kereta pengantin we take picture loh...

Hehe gangsta nyonyas... haha me, my mum & my sis...

 Me & Ah Glo, my cousin...

The Ji Muis~

Then when the pengantins dah sampei, they go pray...

The bride & groom accompanied by their... um... the budak keciks... XD

Then after that there's another ceremony where the monks would do some chanting.




Then after the ceremony, we head back home to our late grandparents house to pray the ancestors and of course, TEA CEREMONY.

Pray samore...

Then its TEA TIME!

Normally for the tea ceremony, the bride & groom would serve the older family members small cups of Chinese tea.

NORMALLY LAH....

But for my crazee family... we do it big... MANGKOK BIG!


Hahaha... mangkok so big it could fit Uncle Dennis's head

Yeap that's my crazee family...

After the tea ceremony, ade lah makan2 sikit... and then malam ade dinner... and that was it!

It wasnt really an old skool traditional wedding but boleh lah tahan. I'm just happy its a wedding! YAY WEDDINGS! XD

So yeah just a quickie update from me... toodles peeps!

n of coz,

Congratulations to the happy couple!

^__^


5 comments:

amirul said...

waaah. meriahnya! saya tak pernah attend weddings Baba Nyonya macam ni

Pav said...

the groom pun mat salleh eh...where's all the nyonya food...haha

vee-sia said...

Amirul: hahaha meriah kan? best... XD

Papapadom: groom die Mexican kalau x silap... aku pun dah lupa XD Hahaha sume bz lah so xde masa nak masak... XD so cater je... haha~

jiun erl said...

hi.. glas to see your blog.. i would like to ask.. can i have the photo regarding the wedding crown for your cousin? currently i was doing research on baba nyonya wedding, do you know what is the characteristic of baba nyonya in term of design of your clothe and also the wedding crown?

vee-sia said...

hi Jiun Erl... thanks for visiting my blog here... as for the pic of the wedding crown, i dont have it... XD

n about the characteristics, i think u better google about it n all, coz i pun tatau much about it... its like the first traditional wedding that i've experienced... XD sorry couldnt help u much...