Friday, March 9, 2012

Dashboard Confessional Solo Acoustic Show In Malaysia

"Vindicated, I am selfish, I am wrong, I am right, I swear I'm right, I swear I knew it all long"

Sounds familiar?

Well that was the first Dashboard Confessional song that I've heard thanx to the soundtrack of Spiderman 2. Then after started exploring all of their other songs, I've fell in love with them instantly.

Despite their cancellation at last year Rockaway fest, this year Dashboard Confessional has touched down in Malaysia to give us a special solo acoustic performance by their front man, Chris Carrabba.


& Thanks to my sister, she got me a ticket for my birthday! Weee~

So the concert was on 22 February 2012. It was a Wednesday so terpaksa lah take leave and I drove all the way to KL alone... My parents are kinda worried but I'm here in one piece so which means everything was fine.

I was kinda clueless with KL road but luckily I managed my way through (no thanx to Google Map). I drove to Midvalley to meet my sister then from there, we went straight to KL Live. Woot~ WOot~

We reached there around 7 somthin, then I've forgotten what time we went in. Kena go through security & all but they didnt properly checked me (bcoz muka innocent XD).So I managed to sneak in my sis's camera. So YAY nice pictures!

Then the best part of all is that my sister's fren who was in the guest list didn't feel like goin (sucks for her) and she gave my sis her VIP tics to us!

Yeap, I got VIP tics bebeh... so no pushing around with the stinky crowd and big giants blocking my view. AWESOME!

The show started off with an opening act by Malaysia's very own Awie Rafael. I have no idea who he was untill I saw him. Itu pun I x sure untill I heard him singin his popular hit song "Pulanglah". XD

He performed a fews song of his and also did covers of Adele's Someone Like You and also Kings of Leon's Use Somebody. He did a good job i guess but the chicks seems to dig his hair more than his singin. XD

Then finally at 9.00pm (if not mistaken) on the dark empty stage, we saw a tall figure in white & the crowd goes WILD!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The ever so handsome Chris Carraba with his slick dark hair, wearing a white shirt, holding a guitar in his heavily tattooed arms... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And with not even a simple "Hello" he started off the show with ''The Good Fight''.


The crowd went wild and started singing along to every word to all of the songs. The second song performed was "This Bitter Pill". Tat song definitely showcased Carrabba's crazee (in an AWESOME way) vocal range eventhough his voice did break a lil during the high notes. But who cares! His voice his awesome!

Haha then he performed "Age Six Racer" (So Long Sweet Summer). I felt like singing the back up for him in that song... haha. SS! Then he also performed "As Lovers Go" (one of my favs), along with other crowd favs like "Screaming Infidelities", "Dusk and Summer", and from their latest album, Alter the Ending, he sang "Belle of the Boulevard".
*The song that I always softly sing to keep me from breaking :)*


Then he also did a cover of Cory Branan's "Tall Green Grass" such a cute song... gonna hunt for it.


After 13 lovely songs (didnt fell like 13) he then performed popular songs such as "Dont Wait", "Stolen" (MY FAV!), "Vindicated" and finally "Hands Down" as the last song and then "The Best Deception" as an encore.

The last bow... T__T

And just like that the show was over...and Chris walks off the stage...
Call me delusional but I swore he blew a kiss to me... HAHAHAHAHAHA!

If I would describe that night in a word it would be AMAZING... its almost felt like I actually had a heart that night. A nice, warm & fuzzy heart... And yes, Chris Carrabba, you have stolen my heart... Which means I'm basically heartless again... yay! Haha~ XD

The thing that I love about Dashboard is that all the songs are soo.... genuine I guess. The lyrics kinda just reaches out to you & Chris Carrabba's voice is just... perfect. Ppl say its EMO, but who cares! I love their songs.

Its crazy how a guy could write a song like that. They say some songs were inspired by relationships & break ups. Funny thing is, the oni thing that came through my mind after breaking up is "Kill! Kill! Die! Die!... XD SO yeah, props to Chris for writing such lovely songs... If I met a guy who can write songs for me like Chris Carrabba, I'd totally marry him... HAHAHAHAHA! Statement berani mati...

So thats all for the concert. Finished about 10 somthin. Then its time for me to balik Melaka. T__T. Bertolak about 11.40 then reached Melaka at 1.00am. Haha this I remember bcoz I was quite shocked that I reached that fast XD. Driving alone in the middle of the night is kinda scary. But I managed to distract myself from thinkin nonsense and keep myself awake by singing along to Dashboard Confessional's Alter the Ending and also Torches by Foster the People. Huahauhuauhua sing/screaming along the whole way sampai my tekak pun rasa semcm. XD.

Huahuahau~ So yeah thats my update on the concert... Sorry for the delay :P

So what's my next concert?

Nothing... YET~


Hehehe YET. Plus I'm kinda broke lah... I not only have to pay for concert tics ok, nak bayar tol & minyak lagi... tsk tsk...

Unless whoever is coming is REALLY worth it. Like Green Day, P!nk, Plain White T's... or even Foster the People again. HAHA~ If people gimme meet & greet passes... why not?

We shall see... & that's it from me...

TOODLES people!!!


BYEEE~~~

4 comments:

Nath said...

glad that you enjoyed the show and happy belated birthday :D

vee-sia said...

hehe thanx Nath! :)

Cathleen said...

Happy belated birthday. Happy blogging! I like your blog :)

vee-sia said...

Haha thanx Cathleen! ^__^