Friday, February 18, 2011

Raffles Restaurant Melaka ~ The Great Escape

Hehehe The Great Escape.... well actually not so great lah.... The Great Escape, definition: Having some alone time to escape from all the chaos, madness, controversy & gossip that happens in my everyday life.



Life can be hard sometimes... all the madness at work... and also at home... I need some peace & quiet... so this year onwards, I, Vriesia E. Ng Siok Fong will go for The Great Escape every month & indulge in good food no matter how expensive it is.... Once a month ma... I'm sure my Budget 2011 allows that once a month...



Hehehe... so last month I didnt manage to go for the great escape, but I manage to splurge on ice cream at Haagen Daaz with my fren Kim.... MMMmmmm yummy yummy ice cream.... SODAP!!! Hehehe...





The classic Banana Split.... MMmmmm....


So where did I head to for my Great Escape for the oh so lovely month of February?


Raffles Restaurant.... ^__^



Raffles Restaurant.... a place that I wanted to go since... since... since the first time I saw it lah! Looks cool... I mean high class kinda cool... Actually a fren of mine with his muka tebal SELF-INVITED himself to follow me... but then last minit he FFK... watanabe lah u... important client... ceh... U better get the deal with that important client then u can belanja me next time... Hehe... After soo long I wanted to go to this place, akhirnye impian tercapai... ^__^ Eat my dust Ah beng! Dont need u to bring me come here... u & ur stupid promises.... Bluek! I am an independant woman, I can come here on my own.... :P


ANYWAYZ... I went there after work, alone.... ahhhhhh, the sweet sound of silence~ LOOVE it! The place have a really nice ambience... & they even play nice songs... 98 Degrees, awww brings back old memories...me like it....



I was the only customer there... XD maybe too early... So I had my menu, & I ordered their set dinner.... 48 bucks for a 3 course meal...


There are 3 selections for the main course. I feel like eating lamb, & I heard good comments bout it, so I pun ordered the lamb loo... so while waiting, take pic loo~




They also have gourmet burgers... sounds really good... maybe I should try next time ^__^


Nyonya food pun ade...


Then sekejap oni my food dah sampei... ^__^

Fresh Mushroom Soup with garlic bread... Quite nice... but the cream kinda over powers the mushroom taste.... the Garlic bread... okok loo~



Next is Oyster Au Gratin....




Yummy yummy oyster.... it was baked... I personally like it just like tat but baked pun not bad jugak... can taste the oysterness of it... oh did i mention theres cheese on top? ^__^ N it is served with a salad on the side... got pineapples in it... tepikan oni loo~


Next my main course! Osso Bucco Lamb Shank.... Besau tu....


First impression: The sauce macam tomato sauce je.... XD other than that presentation looks presentable loo~



Taste test: The 1st thing I tried was the sauce... haha definately not ketchup... but kinda like no kick... its tasted kinda blah... the lamb was definately tender.... but it has tat funky lamb smell... tasted ok at first but half way through, i felt i wanna vomit XP Plus in the menu it says that it suppose to come with mashed potatoes, but I got wedges instead... not that I'm complaining... then it also has some veges... carrots & zouchinis... kinda overcooked in my opinion... lembik lembik je... :P


Then the dessert! Apple Pie ala Mode...
At first I requested to change my desseert to the Choclate Brownie... but the waiter said cannot... so ok loh, take the apple pie loh... NICE leh! Nasib baik I tak tukar... it definately changed my perspective on apple pies.... This one is not like ordinary apple pie... The cinnamon taste is mild & not too strong....nice~ then got ice cream, chocolate & vanilla... lagi nice ^__^

Ice cream like flower ^__^


Underneath it is JELLY! with some chunks of apple...

At first it comes in a cute lil ice cream glass, then the waiter korek the thing out & put in on to a plate... terkejut aku... haha...


Then tea was served... Earl Grey kot.... nice & hot... Mmmmmm soothing....


Brown Sugar ^__^


So overall the food is quite good... Service was fast.... bagus2...^__^

Will I come again? Definately! Their food is quite affordable, so my budget sure allows me to dine here next time ^__^

Bila dah kenyang, rasa mengantuk pulak....So I asked for my bill, payed it & I headed to my car....
See ya soon Raffles!
Tgh jalan2, then my FFK fren called & ajak me to Geo... Geo leh, how can I say no? Hehehehe.... Ordered myself a Baileys & milk... driving ma... cannot drink heavy stuff... Its been a while since I saw him, so we chatted, we laughed, we cursed... haha good old times.... Wanted to stay longer but my eyes were gettin heavy.... so we went our separate ways.... I LOOVE driving through the streets at Jonker & Bunga Raya during this time of the year.... pretty lanterns....
Jonker...
Never fail to put a smile on my face... coz it always remind me of the time when Kong Kong alwayz drive me around Jonker area a few times just to see the pretty lanterns... haiz... how I wish I can go back to those days.... oh well... life goes on i guess....


So tats it for my Great Escape for the month of February... March coming soon... cant wait ^__^ but I wonder which place I should go to next? Hmmmmmmmmm....


So till the next post... Au Revoir~

4 comments:

Pav said...

nice...u r an independant lady!..i like dat...

vee-sia said...

yeah! independant! mari kita bersama-sama jadi independant! ^__^

Anonymous said...

LOLZ... say i FFK pulak? told ya it wasnt my fault, its that leceh client lah... fine fine I'll belanja u next time when I come back k?

-IV-

vee-sia said...

eleh... u mmg FFK lah... i'll belive untill I see u belanka... :P