Saturday, January 1, 2011

First Post of 2011 - It takes time to realise....

First of all, Happy New Year to y'all!!! Hopefully 2011 has been treating u nicely... of course its too soon to tell, but somehow I have the feeling that this year will be a good year.... Its a cat's instinct.... ^__^

Anywayz my new year celebration went well.... My family n I threw a countdown party with other family members...& thankfully bitchy aunts not included... hehe... The old traditional barbeque and potluck.... Yeap! Fun stuff.... Then as we countdown to 2011 we have fireworks as well! Haha the place near my house had this massive fireworks....it was blocked by the trees but definately can see some bits of it lah....

As we all admire the beauty of the fireworks, suddenly i realised a year has gone by.... and it is 1st of January again.... then my mind went for a trip down memory lane where I remembered that just a year before this I officialy started my reationship with my ex-boyfriend... If I hadn't broke up with him, we would have celebrated our 1st year anniversary... 1 year... thats kinda serious if a relationship goes on for a year rite? Then I asked myself, am I ready to be in a serious relationship? Am I ready to commit to someone else other than me or my family? Am I ready to meet his family? & Am I ready to accept strangers to be a part of family? And each of that question, my answer is no...

I remembered throughout our relationship, I avoided the family word... and if possible I dont even want him to meet my family... why? coz with him meeting my family. means that I have to meet his family too.... And I'm just not ready for that.... it is waaaay too scary for me....

I guess this is kinda one of the million reasons i broke up with him... I kinda promised him that I'll meet his family after we reach the 6 months mark.... haha but luckily we didnt make it till 6 months huh? And the funny story is, the next day we broke up, I saw his parents at a makan stall.... Nasib baik I haven't meet them before or else it will be totally awkward! XD...

So to think a bout it, I'm just glad that we broke up... coz if he was around, I had to celebrate New Year's eve with him, instead of my family.... or even worse... TOGETHER... XD Gosh I'm a horrible person.... XD even worse, a horrible girlfriend!!!.... hahahaha.... yikes! Oh well, its OK..... I can deal being single for the rest of my life.... XD

So yeap! Thats it for the first post of 2011... Commitment... Me no likey.... XD So I hope that 'you' will understand... 'you' know who 'you' are.... 'you' deserve someone better..... someone who doesnt have commitophobia... Definition: Vriesia E. Ng's own word for fear of commitment...hahahaha..... XD

Klah! Tat's all yg I wanna say... hehe.... byeee!!!!!

3 comments:

Pav said...

masa cpat berlalu...

Elaine said...

Happy New Year to u!! ^^

vee-sia said...

Happy Happy New Year!!! ^__^